To Team or Not to Team
Working in teams has been an essential way of life for so long now. Without working in a team and collaborating, society would not be the way it is today. From classrooms to the workplace to sports, being a part of a team is everywhere. One problem I have with working with a team is my shyness. I have trouble finding my voice when collaborating with others, especially in an environment I am not comfortable in. However, when I am in an environment where I feel safe and I know the people I am collaborating with, working in a team is highly efficient for me. According to Bradley and Herbert, "Great care must be exercised in building the team to ensure its ultimate effectiveness." This quote outlines the importance of who is in your team because if the people in it do not flow together, the team will not be as effective as it could be.
In the "Lost at Sea" activity, I was a part of a team where I was close to one of the members. I felt comfortable and was able to participate in the group discussion enough. If it was not for one of the members not being one of my closest friends, I know I would not have participated enough, and my ideas would have been ignored. I felt comfortable and safe and in the end believed that our team did great working together. This activity helped show that I can thrive in a team and group environment.
For the portfolio aspect of the AICE Media Studies exam, I will be working in a team. My partner will be one of my closest friends, and after studying her social media account in the Social Media Peer Account activity, I know that her views are similar to mine. My partner that I will be working with is Abby Montidoro and I chose her because she has been my best friend for the last three and half years and she understands my love for movies. Not only does she understand my love for movies and my desire to go to film school, but she has assisted me in finishing my film school applications because they are a lot to handle on your own.
Just like Pettijohn and Ahmed said, "While instances of individual creativity are prevalent in society, there are also instances of teams working together to create exceptional outcomes." This quote agrees with the argument that teams working together could make amazing creations. They exemplify that through the activity of songwriting, "some teams may produce better songs together than individuals writing alone." Therefore, I know that working in a team on a movie with a story line we are passionate about will be essential to the success of our portfolio project.
Comments
Post a Comment